Chair of College is Ethan Reeves
The College of Teachers ("College") has the role of defining the pedagogical principles of the school and its curriculum. The College meet weekly each Thursday after school during term-time. College is made up of staff members who have been at the school for more than a year. Members make a deeper commitment to take responsibility for the wellbeing and development of the school. One of the main roles of College is to ensure that the teachers continue to develop their understanding of Steiner Waldorf education and current practice. College is committed to studying the pedagogical work of Rudolf Steiner, as this is the foundation of Waldorf education. College unequivocally rejects the lectures of Steiner of a racist nature which exist but not found in his vast contribution to the picture of child development and education.
- College conducts weekly studies of aspects of Steiner Waldorf pedagogy. All staff members are invited to the study part of the College meeting.
- College is a forum for consultation, advice and recommendations for the Head, other teachers and departments. It is a reflective meeting where expertise, experience and wisdom can be sought and shared.
- The College Chair attends the School Business Team weekly meetings as the College representative in business, financial and school development matters.
- College members represent all areas of the school: Head Teacher, Kindergarten, Lower and Middle School, Subject Teachers, SEN teachers, and the building project. SPCG and Diversity groups are also represented through the designated teachers.
- College supports child study in both EY and Class teacher departments. Child Study may take place in College.
- College is a place of community for the teachers and an opportunity for continuous professional development. College fosters community in the teaching body also by having a shared meal together before the meeting.
- College invites school and community members, trustees, advisors and other visitors to attend meetings from time to time or on request.