About Our School
The absence of exams throughout my Steiner education meant that I learnt subjects, theories, languages, and skills for the sake of the knowledge itself
Statement of the school's ethos
Our mission is to educate the whole child in a healthy and balanced manner, developing the physical, emotional and intellectual capacities of each child through an age-appropriate curriculum.
As a non-selective and non-denominational school, we celebrate children of all academic backgrounds and welcome those of every religion and of none.
Nestled on the border of Islington and Hackney, we provide our pupils the opportunity to explore everything London has to offer, from the local Ridley Road Market, to walks on Hampstead Heath. Classes also regularly visit London's iconic museums and historical sights such as the Tate Modern, the Maritime Museum, the Houses of Parliament, and the British Museum.
- A warm welcome to all children
- An alternative education with the development of the whole child at its heart
- An educational approach with over 100 years of history
- An understanding that education is a journey, not a race
- A non-pressured learning environment that allows each child the time and space to progress at their own pace
- A curriculum for the heart and hands, as well as the mind, where creativity and imagination are integral to everything we do
- An education underpinned by experiential learning
- A curriculum centred around respect and reverence for self, others and the environment
- An education that nourishes the talents of every child, and encourages individuality
- An international community of parents, teachers and students
- A central London location, making full use of everything the city has to offer, taking advantage of the amazing resources on our doorstep, including linking up with world-class organisations and institutions