Supporting the life of the school
Our school relies upon the active involvement of parents. There are many ways in which parents can help. These contributions together with the fees enable the school to function.
As a way of sustaining and nourishing the school community these contributions have many advantages:
- Children see their parents as part of the school, modelling co-operation. This is hugely beneficial to the child’s sense of belonging and understanding of social cohesion.
- It provides a route for parents to get involved in the community, and to meet other parents.
- It gives parents a sense of “ownership” of the school, while keeping the fees down.
- Tasks are done with love and care, which contributes to the school’s special atmosphere.
- Parents can engage with each other and the school through a balance of practical work and formal meetings.